ASUS X501-A - Will Not Turn On - NO POWER

deliriumtr1gger

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
I'm having a problem with a ASUS X501-A Notebook. The laptop was working fine, fully charged and turned off and left for a few hours. When my friend returned, the laptop would not power on. No lights, no noises, nothing is powering on.

We tried discharging residual charge.
We held the power button for 45 seconds
Held the power button for 45 seconds without battery
Held the power button for 45 seconds without battery or cord plugged in

There only significant thing I can notice is that below the ASUS logo on the screen there is a punctured hole. We are unaware of the origin of this hole or how it happened, it is about the size of a tip of a pen. When holding down the power button we can see a tiny spark once in a while.

I am not sure if these laptops have a feature to cease all power when there is a hole in the screen. I do not think this is the problem but then again I don't really work on laptops.

Is it possible that the tiny hole on the screen is preventing the rest of the laptop from powering on???

Is there anything else that can cause this or a way of troubleshooting what specifically is causing this?

deliriumtr1gger

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014

I did open the laptop up, I did not see anything out of the ordinary. What specifically would cause this that I should be looking for?