asus x501a stuck in bios

James Donnachie

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
Hi all, my laptop is currently stuck in bios mode! I've been all over the internet and still not found any options to sort this out.

Its an asus x501a I've tried disabling everything I could think of etc, and it's still not doing any thing any help would be appreciated thank you.

James Donnachie

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
I didn't say anything about a password. I finally sorted it myself tho.
If I remember correctly this is how I done it.

I restored all bios to defaults, enabled the CMS mode and restarted I think then it went back into BIOS, so I did same again but then enabled the second option that is also part of CMS once that gets enabled saved it and it eventually came out of BIOS.

I can't say this is exactly what I did but was around these lines. It worked fine for me, I did have to reinstall Windows 8 after it due to hard drive being knackered.

Thank you for your help tho Jarotech. :)

kristinebirk

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
This is a follow up question, not an answer. Got the same problem, only my bios wont accept enabling cms.. Tried all other possibilities. Updating the bios wont work either, cause it for some stupid reason needs 20% battery, and my battery is dead and gone. Any suggestions Will be very much appretiated!

Hi, like I said to kristinebirk, you should make a new thread with all the informations you can give us. Model number and how did you have the problem.

You did not answer his question, we keep the answers in the thread for all people to benefit from it. Also the OP has solved his problem itself, and you are more than one year late.