Solved! Asus X53SV-MH71

DDerbyCSW

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I bought the Asus X53SV-MH71 for my son for Christmas. Will he be able to do gaming on it? I was told it had a dedicated graphics card. I can not find any reviews for it.

Solution
For comparison @ $800:
Dell XPS 15 would have a dual core l5 CPU, 4GB of RAM and the same GT 540M graphics cards.
They would 'game about the same' but the Asus has a better CPU while the Dell would be a bit better as a all-round entertainment laptop.

HP Pavilion dv6 Select Edition $750 would have a dual core i5. 8GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 6770M graphics card.
That HD 6770M graphics card would have been a better gaming option. But it's not a huge difference (easy for a casual game player like me to say that) in most games.

Overall, the Asus X53SV-MH71 looks to be fairly priced and a good value.
For all the usual home office/school work/home entertainment tasks they're all be fine choices.

For comparison @ $800:
Dell XPS 15 would have a dual core l5 CPU, 4GB of RAM and the same GT 540M graphics cards.
They would 'game about the same' but the Asus has a better CPU while the Dell would be a bit better as a all-round entertainment laptop.

HP Pavilion dv6 Select Edition $750 would have a dual core i5. 8GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 6770M graphics card.
That HD 6770M graphics card would have been a better gaming option. But it's not a huge difference (easy for a casual game player like me to say that) in most games.

Overall, the Asus X53SV-MH71 looks to be fairly priced and a good value.
For all the usual home office/school work/home entertainment tasks they're all be fine choices.

Solution

Missteri

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Does this laptop have a lighted keyboard? That seems to be one feature that either isn't very common or perhaps isn't listed even if the laptop has it, and a feature that is really on my "must have" list.