Asus X54H Laptop Boots to BIOS automatically

Ecg28713

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Recently, My Laptop has begun to boot to BIOS automatically without me pressing any buttons and its super annoying. However, I can exit out of the BIOS and it will boot to Windows 7 just fine. Its extremely weird and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I have checked all the BIOS settings and set them back to defaults and check that the HDD is at the top of the boot order and it still has not stopped. So I'm left here scratching my head trying to figure out what the fix is for this. Does anyone have any idea on what I should do?

Ecg28713

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

That was my first thought, but my clock is right and it hasn't been resetting on me when I shut down. So I'm not sure if that would be the problem or not.

Ecg28713

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

I checked the key and it seems to be fine. I will give the HDD software a try and replacing that would be easy. But the computer works fine when I exit out of the BIOS after it boots into it.

Ecg28713

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

The HDD is fine, so we can put that one to rest. Should that be in the BIOS Settings? Cause there seems to be hardly any time before the BIOS pops up after I turn on the computer.