Asus x550cl not showing any life.

iiiPanda

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I'm having trouble with my laptop right now, It isn't showing any sign of life, It does show any lights in the bottom left for the Power up, Charging and loading LCDs, Unsure on what the problem is, a few days ago, a 17inch LCD screen fell on the same bottom left corner while i was in a game of csgo, and gave me that Static you'd get out of a old tv with no ariel, then shut off, I could not turn it back on until it randomly started on its own while surfing the web on my phone, I stayed up all night with mates last night when it all of a sudden shut off in the morning, It wasnt hot or anything, it just shut off, but it showed sign that it was charging, i tried turning it on, the green lcd came on as if it was starting but didn't hear anything starting like the HDD or fans, It is a Asus x550cl i believe, I3 Something cpu, 8gb ram, and a GeForce gt 710m graphics card along with intergrated graphics, I am unsure if it is the Ribbon cable from the power button to the motherboard, or the motherboard itself as it it isn;t showing life, i've tried a hard reset, but does nothing at all, Can anyone give advise if it is the motherboard?

Thanks in advanced.

you might want to take the laptop apart to see if there is any damage to the board and inspect if any cables are damage or torn since a screen fell onto the laptop.also try using an external monitor.also does the bios post?

iiiPanda

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Tried that, still doesn't work, It doesn't show any sign of life, There is no Charging LED when the charger is in, It doesn't show any LEDs what so ever even though with the Power drain :/