Hi My Asus Laptop recently started to crash randomly, its not an old laptop, It can go anywhere from a few days to a few seconds and crash. It sometimes boots into bios, and sometimes boots into windows 10. I ran malware bytes and came back with nothing, ccleaner, cleaned the registry, temp files, disk cleanup, defrag, just got done doing a reset and its still crashing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
1. Go to the "Start" menu and then "Search".
2. Type in "cmd" (without the quotes).
3. From the list it gives right-click on "Command Prompt" and then select to use it as administrator.
4. Now when it loads you want to type in "chkdsk" (again without the quotes).
5. This will just check the disk but it won't fix anything.
6. The parameters for making any repairs, etc. using this command are:
"chkdsk C: /f" (without quotes) This option will attempt to fix any found errors
"chkdsk C: /r" (without quotes) This option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information
"chkdsk C: /x" (without quotes) This option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan.
You can also run it using a combo of them or even all of them, like so... "chkdsk C: /f /r /x" (without quotes).
If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.