Asus X73S...i7 ...wont turn on

Apr 10, 2018
Asus X73S replaced battery, still won't come on, blank screen. when plugged in the little green lights by the pad flash every few seconds, when not plugged in...nothing....tried holding power button with and without battery in.....tried replacing hard drive...nothing....any ideas? I can hear the hard drive try to start up but.......

Solution

CMOS battery is a small battery on the motherboard used to keep settings when the system is unplugged or has not other power. In some laptops it is actually not removable but there may be a jumper or some switch to reset the BIOS and clear all power. Just removing the battery will not do the same thing as also removing the CMOS battery.
Did you check with an external monitor? If you turn it on nothing happens at all, what lights come on when you turn it on? Maybe a bad motherboard. Take it apart, see if there is a CMOS battery in it you can remove, take it out, with no power connected hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only, see if it turns on. If it does, plug in CMOS and main battery and see if it turns on.

Apr 10, 2018
Yeah....I tried removing the battery and holding the power button down for 30 seconds....still nothing....with only the adapter plugged in the tiny green lights flash on and off every 5 seconds or so....with only the brand new battery I get nothing...what's a CMOS battery?

CMOS battery is a small battery on the motherboard used to keep settings when the system is unplugged or has not other power. In some laptops it is actually not removable but there may be a jumper or some switch to reset the BIOS and clear all power. Just removing the battery will not do the same thing as also removing the CMOS battery.

Solution