Asus Zenwatch 3 Review: Stylish Midrange Smartwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier3600

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
is it possible to answer calls from the smartwatch? i really want to know this before to buy it. i hope you can answer.

sgodsell

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2013
There was no mention of the built in speaker, or the fact that you could install and play music or podcasts from this Android Wear watch. Not to mention make phone calls with it once it's paired to your smartphone.

sgodsell

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2013
Also you can get a lot longer battery life with most Android wear smart watches by turning off ambient mode. So the watch face lights up only when you need it.

White Rabbit

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
I have now had the watch for about 4 weeks. Appearance wise it is not a bad looking watch for a smartwatch. I compared the Ranger watch face on my LG G Watch R and there is no obvious differences holding them side by side. Other that that fact that both watches will be able to support Android Wear 2, I do not see any real reason to upgrade.

The most and more negative aspect of this watch is the lack of support from ASUS. After doing an extensive web search, I was on the phone with their customer service (in the Caribbean) for 59 minutes in an attempt to purchase an additional charger. I left mine at a friends house over the holidays. The answer is that there is none available: no part number, no price and no availability date. They do not know when or if one will be available. They were as polite as saying 'Sorry, but too bad". Also because of the proprietary nature of the watch band, none of them are available either.

There was absolutely no measurable attempt to help to resolve the problem of having a watch that cannot be charged. They then told me to call their E-Store (only opened Mon-thru Fri 8-5) to find out if and when chargers would ever be available. Who has a e-tail/retail store only opened during business hours?????

The Zenwatch 3 just like the Verizon Only ZenPad 10 are isolated products with little if any ASUS support. The only cover for the Verizon ZenPad 10 is available from Verizon . . . go figure.

So the summary is, nice price, nice battery life, looks OK, no big feature differences from any other Android Wear watch, absolutely NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT and NO, NONE, NOT ANY accessories. . . yet - TBD. For a big company this certainly looks like an after thought.

Watch is going back to Google and ZenPad 10 is going back to Verizon. Time to go look at Samsung . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.