AT&T, Apple Randomly Canceling iPhone 4 Orders

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Lazy workers in foxconn factories!! Sick joke aside thats just bad business. Pretty sure it won't hurt Apple either way AT&T on the other hand, you kinda expect that sort of thing from.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I am sure Apple will cought up in about a month with the pre orders.

Until HTC manages to slim EVO 4G down, I don't think I'll pick this over iPhone 4.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]miloo[/nom]no matter what happened,there still have tons of ppl willing to pay overprice phone or computers from Apple, or else they wont have a big fancy shop with only little products and tons of worker inside.I wonder how much they getting paid hourly ~ 50bucks ?! haha[/citation]

Average pay rate for an intermediate position is $26.50/hr.

I don't understand this whole "overpriced" concept ... it's the same price as nearly every other decent smart phone ... $199.

If you purchase an iPhone4 off of eBay for $5000 you are just as ridiculously out of your mind as a person buying a beer bottle for $1.5 million. It's just particles.

The iPhone4 is a great phone, if it wasn't there wouldn't be 600,000 pre-orders for it. That's the bottom line.

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]Average pay rate for an intermediate position is $26.50/hr. I don't understand this whole "overpriced" concept ... it's the same price as nearly every other decent smart phone ... $199. If you purchase an iPhone4 off of eBay for $5000 you are just as ridiculously out of your mind as a person buying a beer bottle for $1.5 million. It's just particles. The iPhone4 is a great phone, if it wasn't there wouldn't be 600,000 pre-orders for it. That's the bottom line.[/citation]

But wait! you missed this point, this is the rabid anti-apple bashing forum disguised as a message board.... Get with the program, facts dont matter, just bash Apple!

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I don't trust unverified messages. I'm never a fan of gossip in news. But even if it is legit, it's nothing new to pre-orders for any product.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]zaznet[/nom]They were quoting another source, but expect an article update that partially hides the text especially now that you pointed it out.[/citation]
Why? I even see the word 'fuck' in my local paper every now and then. Granted, a small local, still.

Fail on you Apple.
You also fail on making a decent phone. The only thing that interests me in the iPhone phone is the LCD, but 1024x480 LCD and better (yet lower resolution) OLED screens already exist.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
AT&T sickens me. I dont know how much more effort they can put into completely screwing up and keep their customer base. At this point it is just insane. They have only 2 decent offerings of smartphones currently: The Blackberry line, and the iPhone. They neuter the android platform so bad its laughable, and the rest are junk any way. Between sorry customer service, mediocre pricing and a ton of out right anal rape, its a miracle they have the customer base they do on wireless as its a voluntary selection, unlike their land service. If you factor in AT&T Wired, AT&T Wireless, and AT&T Internet (The absolute WORST is their DSL support, if something is actually broken on their end you'll spend weeks trying to get it fixed, talking to Habeeb the janitor who calls himself "Jim")
At this point a boycott is in order in my opinion. Screw AT&T and all they stand for. The only way to show them they suck is to man up, and move off. Do not use anything. Boycott Boycott Boycott!!!

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]Average pay rate for an intermediate position is $26.50/hr. I don't understand this whole "overpriced" concept ... it's the same price as nearly every other decent smart phone ... $199. If you purchase an iPhone4 off of eBay for $5000 you are just as ridiculously out of your mind as a person buying a beer bottle for $1.5 million. It's just particles. The iPhone4 is a great phone, if it wasn't there wouldn't be 600,000 pre-orders for it. That's the bottom line.[/citation]
Apple store employees make $26.50 per hour? That's about $57000/year. Not bad for sales clark position.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
http://www.buy-mphone.com/acatalog/iphone-4-32gb.html
iPhone 4 does look like a decent phone but SIM free the 32gb version is twice the price of the Desire, so yeah I would say overpriced.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
They knew why they were canceling the order when they were canceling and yet they chose to play games.

Apple needs to put treating its customers with honesty and respect over preserving its image.

Take the initial cost and 24 month of service and its adds up to about double what I spend when building a new desktop. That's a rather significant purchase and I'd be very annoyed if place an order, was billed and was then was given the run around.

Status
Not open for further replies.