AT&T / DirecTV Merger: Should You Care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Fewer choices is not good for the consumer. Plus, not having AT&T services currently I'm sure they'll find a way to penalize me. From the sounds of this, DTV customers will have little improvements and AT&T will just be using the DTV customer base as a cash cow with 0 incentive to upgrade or even keep prices the same. If this approves I'm cancelling my service.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Seems far less ominous for consumers than TWC & Comcast merger. If the latter goes through it might even be better for consumers if AT&T and Direct TV do more so consumers get bent over twice.

Bad as that is it's still not as a bad as GMO patented seeds that cross pollinate with other seeds and are taking over our natural healthy nature provided food sources.

What you want to grow your own food pay up!
You want to eat to right pay up!
You have a medical problem because you can no longer do either too god damn bad pay up!

Welcome to the new America dream. Life liberty and the pursuit of screwing others over.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I've stopped caring only because I signed the petitions to the FCC against all of these megamergers. Clearly ex-cable-company lobbyist Tom Wheeler has no interest in protecting consumers. I'm glad we have an alternative to Comcast internet in our area that doesn't suck, and that we don't watch cable TV.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
The problem is not that we should care, the problem is that we are powerless to stop the wealthy companies from buying elections and placing their lobbyists to chair on their regulation committees. This will never change because the supreme court allowed unlimited money to flow from companies and wealthy individuals. This effectively silenced the voice of the majority of the people and our only hope is that competing companies buy their own candidate to stop anti-consumer decisions. Both democrats and republicans are the same party with different millionaires to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.