AT&T Doubles Wireless Speeds in Six Cities

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I spend my time around the Dayton area of Ohio. I have tested my AT&T network speeds using an iPhone 3GS. The speeds vary, but my typical speeds are around 140.9 KBytes/s down and 41.5 KBytes up, with a ping of around 433 (I have seen the ping take as long as 2900 ms when I first connect to the network, but after some communication the ping gets quicker). This is at 4:38 PM on a Saturday. When I went to Hawaii on a cruise this last month I was able to use the 3G network while on the ship if we were 'close' to an island. I found myself checking to see if I had service to see if we were close to our port. I just wanted to share my experience. I wish the data plan on the phone was cheaper, but for a mobile internet connection (I don't stay long in many places so I require mobile, and the iPhone fits my needs for what I'm doing so I don't need a carry around a laptop all day) I am satisfied with the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.