AT&T Fights for iPhone Exclusivity

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
it seems like everyone has a cellphone these days, but thats wrong, there are many people who dont have cellphones. This is a time where money is tight. carriers need to lower costs to help out consumers. it cant possibly cost them more then $5 a month to give people service. I understand theres more costs then that, but is it safe to say that its around $15? why are people paying 50-200 (family plans also) for their cellphones.

Verizons a smart company, Id bet my money that Apple DID want to much control like in comment #2. Also verizon has their own app/music store which makes them money, ATT dosent have that. Verizon wants to sell apps.

I really would like Verizon to get the iphone, but i dont think the nasty fruit will give it to them easily.

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]cablechewer[/nom]I have considered getting an iPhone, but I don't want to be tied to a specific carrier because I frequently go back and forth between the US and Canada. If Apple has an unlocked iPhone where I can just swap cards or settings as I cross the border I'll consider it when my current contracts are up (unfortunately my current phones and contracts came about before all my travel and have lousy roaming options). Until then it is simply too expensive a toy...[/citation]

Buy one without a contract and unlock it.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Apple should become their own carrier and just buy the air time from the other carriers. The apple network. You would still pay out the nose but would have access to other networks.

uronacid

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Hopefully Apple see's the light and realizes the biggest thing holding back the iPhone is AT&T. Only this time Verizon needs to NOT turn them down like a bunch of fucking idiots.[/citation]

I don't think that they were stupid to turn Apple down at all. Apple wanted way more than their phone was worth in that agreement. I think that it was more wise to wait for Apple to come back with a more reasonable deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.