AT&T Launches ConnecTech to Rival Geek Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

you know what there is still a problem with this. I work for a smaller computer store. We do the inital setup for free. We also do all the work in the store. I think that even though the bigger corps are doing the repair services that the smaller shops are actually getting a lot more people. People start to realize just how much they are getting overcharged at these larger buisnesses and go to the smaller ones that they can see their computer being worked on and even a main board repair can take only 2 days.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
The other problem with Geek squad is that they do not hire certed people (while an A+ and N+ does not really mean that much its at least something....) I hope this AT&T service at least hires certified tech's and pays them accordingly.

iiraymoii

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
If they hired fully certified agents..you would be paying more money to pay their salary. While I agree that agents should be certified, most of them "MOST" have a good background and actually know what they are doing. I say this with confidence because I myself work for GS. Alot of us have A+ certificates..but almost anyone can pass it.

Id like to see the competition between these two big companies. I wont defend my employer to the end and say we are perfect..I just wont because we are not, just like every other big company, there are bad apples.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
AT&T? I buy DSL and phone service through them, so here's how I think ConnecTech will be:
Their service will be cheaper than most competition. They do this buy buying out all the other competition and "merging" with the big guys. Geek Squads will start to disappear across the country.
Once all that is done, their prices will go up to what the competition's used to be, their service will change to a mail-order service, meaning you mail your computer to India, where uncertified people who speak English poorly will "fix" your computer.
Yep. Fight the good fight, Geek Squad.

armagdon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Interesting move on the part of at&t. Im an agent and I'm a bit confused due to the fact that we are gonna start selling and activating Iphones as of the 7th of september.

G

ATT Connectech is a scam they get you to subscribe monthly all the while it is a contract for a year. I called AT&T for assistance and was told to contact these people when all along I needed a new modem. Unfortunately out of desparation. My monthly subscription is a year contract. I had a hard time communicating with them after five hours on the phone only to have the same problem the very next day. This went on for two weeks. I called to find out why I am still being charged for the monthly service when I received no service.

Status
Not open for further replies.