AT&T Rules the iPhone With 20% of Global Sales Pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Just goes to show, at&t customers are mostly satisfied with the service and/or prices relative to the competition's. To be honest, it does seem like most of the people that whine about at&t are Verizon fanboys anyways. I am in no way saying at&t is the best here, just that maybe they aren't all bad.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Sounds logical. All these AT&T subscribers were renewing their contracts and they did not want to switch to a different platform, most of them because they were grandfathered in the old "unlimited" 5GB data contract with their phones.
On Verizon, OTOH, new smartphone customers had to choose between different platforms with the same data plan (2GB). Of course not all of them chose the iOS platform. Hence the difference.
Probably soon enough AT&T will get rid of all the grandfathered "unlimited" plans, as they will figure they're losing some money over it, as opposed to Verizon. Greedy bastards will always be greedy bastards.

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
AT&T's numbers and Apples numbers won't line up. So many AT&T phones (which are unlocked until locked by carrier by activating with ATT sim card) are sold over seas. I alone sold 350 AT&T iphone 4s's. One of the guys I could buy them in bulk from had them by the thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.