Ath-ad900x/ad700x vs dt770 pro 80 ohm for gaming

G

I am looking for a new pair of headphones and these 2 are the ones that I have found would be the best for what I will be using them for. I am a bit of a bass head. This pair of headphones will be used with both music and gaming. The type of music I listen to is hip-hop, rap, pop, edm, rock, and metal if that helps. I am also aware that I will have to buy a mod mic or USB desk mic to make them eligible for comp games. These will not be used anywhere else but my desk so these wont be needed for portability. I am just wondering which one you would recommend I get. If anyone can also help what is the difference between ad900x and the ad700x and which of the two is the better buy? Since most of the stuff I find on them are heavily mixed. Thanks for the help. If you have recommendations for other headphones I would appreciate it if they were under $200

Solution
500x/700x/900x are bass light treble/mid focused headphones with wide soundstage and good positional audio. they are open so leak in/out audio but open means they have big soundstage. great for gaming but given you love bass you will likely be disappointed.

the dt770 is closed so soundstage suffers but despite this they have good soundstage compared with other closed cans. v-shaped signature with good treble and bass levels with recessed mids. the 80ohm version is the most bassy, the 250ohm version is the most refined. can certainly be used to game with if you need bass and need closed cans for isolation. the difference between them? the higher in numbers you go up they get a little more bassy and with a bit less soundstage.

another...
500x/700x/900x are bass light treble/mid focused headphones with wide soundstage and good positional audio. they are open so leak in/out audio but open means they have big soundstage. great for gaming but given you love bass you will likely be disappointed.

the dt770 is closed so soundstage suffers but despite this they have good soundstage compared with other closed cans. v-shaped signature with good treble and bass levels with recessed mids. the 80ohm version is the most bassy, the 250ohm version is the most refined. can certainly be used to game with if you need bass and need closed cans for isolation. the difference between them? the higher in numbers you go up they get a little more bassy and with a bit less soundstage.

another choice is the dt990. similar signature to the 770 but with not so much bass and bigger soundstage due to being open. for open cans they have decent bass output.

Solution