Basion96

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
so my current headset (steelseries siberia v2) is on its way out, and since i have a desk mic already, i was thinking of getting some decent headphones this time around.
Though im not sure whether to go with the m20x to save a bit of money, or the 40x. they will be mainly used for gaming and listening to all types of music.
So is it worth the extra money to go with the m40x? or is the m20x still going to be a decent upgrade from my current headset?

Cheers in advance :)

Solution
Yeah Core would be fine. The HyperX Cloud are rebranded Takstar Pro 80S headphones. Look up the reviews of these. They're audiophile-starter level grade headphones.

RCFProd

Honorable
Herald
Dec 8, 2013
Why not the HyperX Cloud headset? Gaming revision of the Takstar Pro 80S, which are really good quality headphones for both gaming and music. They are the best for their price I think.

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Headset ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-24 06:38 EDT-0400

Basion96

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015

i've had a look at them and wasnt too sure, mainly because after shipping they are a bit more expensive as the m20x for where i am (australia)

Basion96

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015

oh really? ok that i didn't know! i assumed since they were a headset they wouldn't be as good, thanks for clearing that up!
which one of the clouds would be the best then? since theres the cloud, cloud 2 and core. would the core be good even though its the cheapest of the lot?

RCFProd

Honorable
Herald
Dec 8, 2013
Yeah Core would be fine. The HyperX Cloud are rebranded Takstar Pro 80S headphones. Look up the reviews of these. They're audiophile-starter level grade headphones.

Solution