ATH-M50x vs V-Moda Crossfade LP2

Steven Stuu

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Hi. I am looking to buy a new headphone and I need to choose between those two. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the two? Which offers better sound quality? Thanks.

Solution
the LP2 is bassy and muddles mids and highs making it more unsuitable for anything but electronica or other bass heavy music. these need an good amp to sound any good. they boast all metal construction however this is more gimmick as i've heard a review or two stating the wire broke.

the m50 is bassy, even capable of low sub bass however it still retains enough clarity in mids and highs that i wouldnt call it muddled or murky. while not as crisp and clear on highs as other headphones this is a fair tradeoff given that it has more bass output than said headphones. these do not need an amp and its suggested that you dont use it with one. they are all plastic construction with a folding design making them great for travel or home use...
the LP2 is bassy and muddles mids and highs making it more unsuitable for anything but electronica or other bass heavy music. these need an good amp to sound any good. they boast all metal construction however this is more gimmick as i've heard a review or two stating the wire broke.

the m50 is bassy, even capable of low sub bass however it still retains enough clarity in mids and highs that i wouldnt call it muddled or murky. while not as crisp and clear on highs as other headphones this is a fair tradeoff given that it has more bass output than said headphones. these do not need an amp and its suggested that you dont use it with one. they are all plastic construction with a folding design making them great for travel or home use. the cable is extremely thick and durable and is detatcheable (3 different cable styles included)

the older design m50s is about $50-70 cheaper and has a non-removeable cable but generally the same sound profile. i currently have a set and for the money they are quite excellent.

personally i would spring for the m50x over the lp2 but thats just my own opinion.

Solution