Athlon x3 425 Extra core unlock?

whami1994

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hi all

Just found a bunch of spare parts that I'm going to use to build a computer for my sister. As you already know the CPU is an Athlon II X3 425, the motherboard is a K9N6PGM2, with 4GB DDR2 & a 9600GT. I've heard this CPU has an unlock-able core, but haven't found much by googling it; so is there anyone who could enlighten me a little?

Cheers

lazyboy947

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
That x3 is based off the Propus cpus the Athlon II X4s with a single core disabled. The board need to support core unlocking such as ACC,NCC,UCC or something mentioning core calibration. Also that board does not support the x3 425, unless u have the V2 of the board google search ur board find the one u have and look at the cpu support if ur not not as well im not lol.

Now not every core disabled cpu unlocks, some times there just that disabled or sometimes they are actually cut on the cpu and basically gone. I have a Phenom II x2 555 that is based off the Phenom II x4s and no cores at all unlock so without knowing whether u got a disabled or cut cpu u just gotta test it. Now with that u must do quite a bit of testing if u can get it to unlock and boot as making sure its stable is important and well if it doesnt unlock well then u still have what u bought lol