Ati 4250 sideport memory

Drumitup

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Hello,
Hello, I have a hp 4165dx with a ati 4250 with a sideport and I was wondering if anyone know's the part # or name of the chip that goes into the grphics card?

Solution
as I said already, you need to contact ATi regarding the issue, since at the time the card was released there was no info on this "sideport" it was mentioned in the spec that it's there for upgradability, but none of the manufacturers offered such an upgrade, so to my belief ATi probably never bothered to actually go ahead with making anything compatible that vendors could pick up and sell.

AntiZig

Distinguished
????

I'm confused by your post. what's a side port?

According to this: http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Radeon-HD-4250.29664.0.html
there's a capability listed but no manufacturers provide it yet.

my best guess would be it can accept some type of flash memory card, however this sideport is not external, at least none of the laptop pics show it.

You best bet is I think to contact ATi and ask them what the options are for that side port, since they would be the ones to know, since HP obviously didn't provide any type of description for it.

Drumitup

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
You know guy's its been a while now and I have not found any kind of info for this kind of graphics card. The spec say when you look it up that it is upgradable that you can put more memory in it but I've looked and still no kind of solution. I'ts not too big a deal but when specs say sideport memory I want to know how I can throw more memory in it right off the bat you know what I'm talking about?
drum

AntiZig

Distinguished
as I said already, you need to contact ATi regarding the issue, since at the time the card was released there was no info on this "sideport" it was mentioned in the spec that it's there for upgradability, but none of the manufacturers offered such an upgrade, so to my belief ATi probably never bothered to actually go ahead with making anything compatible that vendors could pick up and sell.

Solution