Atreides Yacht Concept Makes its Own Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElCdt

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Don´t tell me. This is targeted at rich spoiled twats afraid of a shark attack? Because a simple ladder will achieve the same effect. You know, the big wet blue surface your boat happens to be standing in? Hello?! Just jump in it. I´m sure the 0.01% chance of a shark nibbling at your private parts is much cheaper.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]ElCdt[/nom]Don´t tell me. This is targeted at rich spoiled twats afraid of a shark attack? Because a simple ladder will achieve the same effect. You know, the big wet blue surface your boat happens to be standing in? Hello?! Just jump in it. I´m sure the 0.01% chance of a shark nibbling at your private parts is much cheaper.[/citation]

No, this is marketed at the people who want to have a leisurely swim in the deep blue sea without all the of treading water. This is definitely a great idea, although if the pool is out during a storm it looks like it might not be as sturdy as you might like.

Superwack

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Would you be able to drive while the "pool" is open? I think one of the cool features of a boat with a pool or hot tub is that you (or the Captain) can cruise while soaking :)

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
The additional weight of the machinery and the structural reinforcement require might make this boat more expensive to operate than a traditional “on board pool” yacht.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
O pei I really doubt cost of operating such a boat is anything to the people who could actually buy it anyways. As far as the design of the whole yacht I love it. If only I was rich. Heh you could probably live in this thing comfortably.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Looks awesome, but I see a few immediate problems

1) waves could make the pool unpleasant
2) strong waves could actually break the pool
3) sharks, lol
4) what if it closes with someone inside?

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Nood

1-could be fun for some not so fun for others. Don't use when waves are really bad. Don't really see much of a problem on that one.

2-That could be a problem but I'm sure those would have to be some pretty strong waves to break the pool.

3-Well a liner of some type could at least help, either way it's no worse then swimming without it.

4-Nobody can fix stupidity, and I doubt this thing closes really fast.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
You can bet there will be a few buyers from the UAE... they buy every thing.

Check out a UAE (whatever owned airline) 747... each passenger gets their own cubicle with enough room to sleep laying down.... some have room for 2. Compared that to a normal airliner... you'd feel like being in the baggage compartment under the floor.

Notice how happy Muslims = non terrorist from such counties like UAE, Dubai, etc...

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]thejerk[/nom]Don't lie... it's from Dune.[/citation]

I was thinking that was a natural comment - it's a nice looking boat until the Harkonnen blow it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.