Attaching new internal antenna

dianedebuda

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Adding wifi to laptops that never had them. Have a Tyco antenna with "flag" ends. Finally found a pic of another brand of laptop showing antenna.

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba2435/LCD%20removal/big/Toshiba_2435_LCD_10.jpg

Looks like flag ends are at upper left & right corners laying on top foil shield so that lcd panel will be next to them when reinstalled. Looks like maybe strapping tape holding wires in position. My Tyco looks like it has a small adhesive strip, so I'm assuming that's for attaching to the foil sheild. Sound right? If goes well, then will buy another Tyco for other laptop. Been checking, but haven't found a vendor with instructions. Geez.

dianedebuda

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks, frozenlead. I figured that the lid attachment part SHOULD be pretty easy, but just couldn't find any pics and I was stuck about how to handle the foil shield and where to physically attach the antenna ends. I'd already done what I thought would be the hard part and routed the cable through the bottom & hinges. Of course, needed the laptop, so had to take the cable back out - so I get to do that all over again.