Attaching PC speakers to Samsung Smart TV through digital to analog convert produces noise, but no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff_24

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
I'm trying to attach external PC speakers to my 32" Samsung Smart TV. The TV only has Toslink audio output. So, I've attached a digit-to-analog converter. However, all that I get is a staccato-like noise as soon as everything is attached. This occurs if the TV has or has not been set for external speakers. If the TV is set for external speakers, the noise occurs, but there is still no TV audio. All components (TV, speakers, and converter) are plugged into the same powerbar. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Hello, I used to just run the 3.5 mm from the speaker directly to my TV. But 3.5mm to optical would work too, if your TV supports that. In the TV menu, there is an option for how you output your sound. And there should be an option to enable headphone/volume for headphone, which would be the 3.5mm jack. And there should be an option to enable optical audio/S/PDIF on mine. I'm not that audio savy, but that is my explanation...

All the best!

Jeff_24

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
The only audio output is the Toslink. I've connected a digital to analog audio converter to that output. However, as soon as I plug in the speakers or headphone, I get a staccato-like noise. If I set the TV menu to external speakers, the noise does not change and there is still no TV audio.

americanaudiophile, I'm not very knowledgeable about electronics.... I'm not sure what you're discussing in terms of channels... Also, I used a similar adapter to the one you provided a link for, but it's not working.

Suzuki, What is audio/S/PDIF?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.