Audio being picked up by Mic, Sennheiser Game One Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2018
I've had this set of headphones for a few years, and since I've got them I have used them to play games, listen to music, and talk to friends. The only problem is that if I play music too loud or a loud noise occurs in a game, everyone else I talk to in Discord can hear it too except it is in really bad quality for them (they could hear everything, not only the loud noises, if I didn't have the input sensitivity at -45dB in Discord). This only happens when my headset is plugged in, so something about it is definitely the cause. Having the mic audio jack plugged in even if the mic on the headset is tilted up, thus muting it, still makes a static noise for other people when the input sensitivity is low, so it isn't just my mic picking up the audio straight out of the speakers of my headset. I've also listened to the mic in other programs and its still the same case, so it isn't discord causing it.

What can I do to fix this? I'm running windows 8 and have looked at a lot of other people's solutions for similar problems but am still clueless.

Mar 30, 2018
Found the answer! I disabled all other recording/playback devices and it stopped doing the bad stuff. Supposedly it was due to Line-In being enabled, but to be sure I disabled everything.

I right clicked the sound icon in the bottom right and went to recording and playback devices and right click disabled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.