Audio extractor question

cel1976

Great
Mar 7, 2018
I am using a JTech audio extractor in order to use an old Sony receiver. Right now, the HDMI cable is connected to my cable box and everything is working fine. I just purchased a Smart TV and when I run the apps on the the TV, I am not getting the benefits of the receiver b/c it is connected to the cable box. Any advice on how to fix this?

Solution
You can't connect two outputs to each other,
If the TV has optical out and the receiver has optical in then you didn't need the audio extractor. That connection would get audio from the cable box and TV apps to the receiver.
If the TV has optical out and the receiver only has analog inputs you will need an optical to analog converter and you still didn't need the audio extractor,
Check the TV manual on how to use the optical output.
You can't connect two outputs to each other,
If the TV has optical out and the receiver has optical in then you didn't need the audio extractor. That connection would get audio from the cable box and TV apps to the receiver.
If the TV has optical out and the receiver only has analog inputs you will need an optical to analog converter and you still didn't need the audio extractor,
Check the TV manual on how to use the optical output.

Solution

cel1976

Great
Mar 7, 2018