Audio Interface Recommendation

GabrielGamall

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
Hello again! and while I wait for some magic trick to happen on my other post, I'll just toss a new challenge here. Only this time, is the Audio Interface time.

So here's what I need as minimum requirements:

1) External device.

2) 4ins and 2outs. Stereo Line Out is a must, but does it make any sense to have this disposition for Line In?
The inputs would be Tv Card, Headset-Mic and up to two Instruments.

4) Multimedia capability.
I believe there are some cards that wont allow the playback of simultaneous sources.

5) ASIO controller.
I'm not even sure if there's anything better nowadays, but I've heard of some cards that only emulate such controller. While others, like the Saffire Pro 24 DSP, dont even mention it.

6) Firewire connectivity.
Anything specific or recommended before onboard?

7) Audio Quality and Low Latency.

I plan using this in both Desktop and Notebook.

Desktop is:
i7-3930k
Gigabyte, X79-UD3
RAM 16gb, Corsair Vengeance
Kingston HyperX 3k, 120gb SSD
Windows 8, 64bit

Notebook, I haven't decided yet. But is going to be around i7-3630qm ivy bridge, 8gb RAM, and w8 for sure.
Guess that the connectivity from mobo is gonna be definitive there.(6)

Thanks again everyone!

Solution
It uses USB and not Firewire, but the Native Instruments Audio DJ range might be what you need, eg:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-audio-interfaces/traktor-audio-10/

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
It uses USB and not Firewire, but the Native Instruments Audio DJ range might be what you need, eg:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-audio-interfaces/traktor-audio-10/

Solution

GabrielGamall

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I'm having second thoughts on the Firewire myself.
As for the card, the Traktor is in good price, and I think my processor can handle USB load without tics or loss, but I'm going to do a little more research on the latency response.

Thanks for replying!