Solved! Audio jacks won't work

Aug 18, 2020
About 8 months ago I built my pc without my GPU as it was faulty and I sent it back which is when Corona came and I haven't been able to get a gpu since, but runiing on integrated graphics is just fine for me rn (i5-9600) but my front audio panel doesn't work or the rear (motherboard Z390 gigabyte gaming X) - now is this a GPU issue or just a general issue I can fix - please let me know!

Your front audio does not connect to the video card, in fact the only time the video card handles audio is if you run it to a display with speakers using HDMI or display port. Since the issue is with no jacks working, did you install the motherboard drivers? I edited your post since the title does not match the post, it's not just your front jacks not working.

Aug 18, 2020
Your front audio does not connect to the video card, in fact the only time the video card handles audio is if you run it to a display with speakers using HDMI or display port. Since the issue is with no jacks working, did you install the motherboard drivers? I edited your post since the title does not match the post, it's not just your front jacks not working.
Sorry for the late reply. I checked the gigabyte website and downloaded the audio driver from there (realtek hd audio) but that still did not fix it so now that I know it has nothing to do with my GPU I might have to consider reinstalling windows... damn

Aug 18, 2020
If you were using the HDMI output of the motherboard for both audio and video then you need to make sure that you've selected the analog audio outputs as your audio device. If it's not selected then you would have exactly the problem you describe.
When selected do you mean clicking on the sound icon and then viewing all the list of sounds? I tried that to no avail but sound does come through my monitor as my monitor has a headphone jack which I use but doesn't take voice in hence the reason why I would like to fix the front audio jack. And I am sing a HDMI btw for both audio and display I'm guessing since I do get sound coming from my monitor.

If you get sound through the monitor then HDMI is selected as your audio playback device.
You need to access the sound/playback panel.
Then change you audio device.

Solution