Solved! Audio not working after BSOD

drahstul

Commendable
Jun 25, 2019
I'm not sure what the BSOD was since it was pretty quick. But ever since I have not had sound.

I tried all of the solutions I found - updating drivers, using default ones, checking services, unplugging all USBs, reverting updates, etc. I have no idea what else to try except formatting, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

I'm running Win10 on MSI GS65.

Might be worth mentioning that VLC doesn't even open since this happened and Winamp also just gives an unknown error when trying to play music.

Dump file: https://we.tl/t-bGPYDfUmKc

Solution
I ran your dmp file through WhoCrashed. Here's what it said:

Error: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This error suggests a case of memory corruption because of a hardware problem. It is suggested you do a test on your RAM modules (memory test) and make sure your system is not getting overheated. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in...
I ran your dmp file through WhoCrashed. Here's what it said:

Error: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This error suggests a case of memory corruption because of a hardware problem. It is suggested you do a test on your RAM modules (memory test) and make sure your system is not getting overheated. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

There is additional information that suggests you run a RAM test. You might want to get this program and examine the results yourself as there is additional detail. BTW--How it could detect a RAM bit error unless your have error correcting RAM is a mystery to me.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS