audio not working after pci wireless card installation

cryingsouls

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
For some strange reason my audio doesnt work anymore

already reinstalled drivers/windows, removed the pci wireless card and still no sound, just a noise

im getting "plugged" "Unplugged" message depending on the settings that I'm using

did I short-circuited my motheboard with the pci wireless card installation?

Pc Specs:
BULLDOZER FX6300
M5A78L-M LX
HAF 942
Win7x64

Solution
perhaps.

have you tried the front audio ports?
have you tried plugging in the speakers to the center or rear channels and changing your sound to 5.1 and playing a surround sound source (movie) to see if you get any sound?
do the speakers work with another device (another pc, your phone 3.5mm output, an ipod, any device with a 3.5mm output...)?

if the speakers work with another device but nothing on your pc gets you sound... what are your thoughts on getting a cheap soundcard?
perhaps.

have you tried the front audio ports?
have you tried plugging in the speakers to the center or rear channels and changing your sound to 5.1 and playing a surround sound source (movie) to see if you get any sound?
do the speakers work with another device (another pc, your phone 3.5mm output, an ipod, any device with a 3.5mm output...)?

if the speakers work with another device but nothing on your pc gets you sound... what are your thoughts on getting a cheap soundcard?

Solution

cryingsouls

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014

Nerumph

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
Okey, so first off, did you take the standard precautions about static electricity? It is very deadly to a computer, especially the MOBO with the thousands of capacitors and connections it contains. If not, well it's really a crap shoot as there could very well be a chance the soundcard fried. Just to be sure, though, try the following:

To see if your audio device has been disabled or changed from the default, go to your taskbar and look for the speaker icon. Right click it, select the playback devices tab and make sure your soundcard is there. If it isn't, right click in an open space in the devices boundary and ensure that "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" are both checked off. If your soundcard shows up afterwords, right click it and select "enable."

And otherwise, we can try a few other things in your bios. Just out of curiosity, what was it you ended up installing (model-wise)?

if nerumphs suggestion didnt work... its probably fried/dead for some reason.

the rear ports arent connected to your case in any way. the fronts however are part of your case.

adding a soundcard would replace the jacks you use in the rear but not the ones in the front, those would still be on the case (for headphones).

i'm not sure why you think there is some kind of incompatibility (please explain)

cryingsouls

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Thanks for answering guys!

well, after all the sugestions above.. all I can say is... sound card fried :(

im not sure but that happened because I installed an wireless ethernet card with my mobo's ethernet port enabled and connected.. (at least I installed wtih the computer turned off, lol) well, no problem, just bought the motherboard as "quick" fixer since I cant oc with my noctua nh d14.. thanks anyway!