Audio out of sync, please help.

daemeonbones

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hello there.

I got a PC build about three months ago, and about two weeks after, I began to get issues when watching videos. Youtube generally, but it shows too when I stream.

It doesn't start being out of sync. A few minutes pass, and then it will start to get worse and worse slowly, until I pause it for a second, at which point it will sync up again for a few minutes, and so on and so on. Last week or so, after tryjng to reinstall the sound drivers, the video now also tears at times.

I've been looking to try and find an answer, and I've updated my audio driver several times, but it just keeps happening, and it is getting very frustrating.

Do I need to clean the harddrive and start over perhaps? Only idea I have left, but then, I'm not that computer smart. Hence why I'm here, with people who hopefully knows what they're doing. Perhaps one of you smart people can help me. :)

I use Firefox as a browser, but I've tried this in Chrome and Edge with the same results as well.

gdmaclew

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Download and run DDU from guru3d.com.
Download the latest video drivers from the manufacturer.
Start your PC in Safe Mode and run DDU.
Reboot.
This should ensure that all remnants of any old video drivers are cleaned from your PC.
Install the downloaded video drivers.
A listing of your components would help also.

daemeonbones

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
I'll try that, then get back to you. If it doesn't work, I will also try and find out the lost of pieces I have in the case. :)

Thank you for the help so far by the way. It's very nice of you.

daemeonbones

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Okay, went through all the steps, and the problem persists. :/

I'll try and write all the parts of the PC I can see down, though I apologize if I miss anything. Friend put it together for me, and a few parts are from an older one I had, so not entirely sure what all of it is.

Harddisk: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb.
CD-slot: HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L.
Graphic card: GeForce GTX 10u0.
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x.
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaw 3200.
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk 350.
Cabinet: Cooler Master mid tower.
Power supply: Unknown brand, but 650.
Cooler: NH U12S.

I think I got everything down, but do tell me if I missed something. Hope that there is still some hope to fixing this, and thank you in advance if you may see an issue, or have other ideas.