Question Audio playing on speakers even with headphones plugged in

Jan 15, 2019
So today I plugged in my earphones and I noticed some sounds were on the earphones and some were on the speakers. I figured a restart would fix things and it did for a while, I went to youtube to check the audio and it was playing on my earphones like it should this time but when I paused the video and played it again the sound came through the speakers. At one point I had two different youtube videos one which was playing audio through the speakers and the other through my earphones. I've been to the sound manager and put the headphones as default with no success. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my speakers completely, then it switches to my earphones fine. Whats going on?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Audio 1
K Audio 1
D Audio 1
K Audio 2
K Audio 1
R Audio 1
K Audio 1
T Audio 1
B Audio 7
C Audio 3
B Audio 3
Remer Audio 7
M Audio 1
D Audio 4
A Audio 5
S Audio 13
M Audio 1
M Audio 6
S Audio 3
M Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Creative T15 Wireless playing sound only from left speaker when using aux
My Realtek HD Audio speakers does not play sound....
how to have two different audio simultaneously played in headphone and pc's speaker
home audio system only playing left side speakers
Bluesound pulse mini, Audio pro addon c10 or SONOS play:5
How do you make so your headset plays one audio but speaker plays a different audio at the same time?
Playing audio via external speakers on a monitor with Roku
Getting 4 speakers to all play (only the front two output audio).
Left speaker does not play audio when connected to computer, but does when connected to phone
Windows10 Playing audio through 2 pairs of Logitech USB speakers at the same time?
Need small cablebox to play sound thru bluray surround sound system but only plays audio thru projector speakers
How can I connect my PS4 to my PC speakers and have them play audio simultaneously?
Speakers wont play sound for some videos (please read)
How can I play audio though my speakers and headphones at the same time
Want to play Xbox 1 & PC audio through same set of speakers
Audio jack/speakers will detect sound, but won't play it.
problem on sending audio playing from PC
Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 interface crackling periodically only while playing audio.
Audio Playing through speakers and headphones at the same time.
I want to play the audio from youtube videos on outdoor speakers. I understand I could do this with a 4G phone and bluetooth s

ASK THE COMMUNITY