Question Audio popping in my home.

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,
For about a month now I have been plagued with audio popping, at first I thought it was just my desktop, but the problem is also in a desktop that has not been used for around 3 years and my TV.

I have checked and replaced almost every wire, I have tested 6 different headsets and one DAC.

Each desktop and tv have the exact same problem, I have had an electrician out that did a full test of the house and checked each wall outlet, he did not find a problem.

At this stage is it a coincidence that all could develope the exact same issue or is it something else, I am honestly at a complete loss as to what is casuing this problem.

I have tried almost every windows audio solution there is, including trying the beta and developer ring of windows update.

I have also checked every usb port and jack, nothing helps.

I have ran latencymon for almost a day with no issues reported.

As it stands, I feel it's a factor outside of the devices themselves.

Here is a link with the exact problem I am facing this-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVp-Lykp6gA

And this link is a thread on the same issue, but I believe it is not windows 10.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cgyul2/audio_crackling_and_popping/

Any insight to a possible fix would be greatly appreciated.

What I hear start about 10s is the audio dropping out. If you play a continuous tone it would be easier to interpret.
Since the TV is doing it too you want to look for a commonality.
Are you using the same speakers/audio system for the PC and TV?
Is the TV streaming over Wifi when it happens?
Does it happen when you use a disc or cable/OVA tuner on the TV?
Maybe Wifi is dropping out. Try a different Wifi channel.

Sep 8, 2020
What I hear start about 10s is the audio dropping out. If you play a continuous tone it would be easier to interpret.
Since the TV is doing it too you want to look for a commonality.
Are you using the same speakers/audio system for the PC and TV?
Is the TV streaming over Wifi when it happens?
Does it happen when you use a disc or cable/OVA tuner on the TV?
Maybe Wifi is dropping out. Try a different Wifi channel.

Hi,

I am using different speakers to the TV, the TV is using a devialet sound bar, the pc has used two GSP sennheiser 670, one GSP 350 and currently a steel series artic pro, the issue is with all of these. all headsets were also used on a second desktop pc with the same issue.

The tv is indeed using wifi and the signal is not dropping as far as I know.

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,

I've changed and tested each channel but the issue is still present.

I forgot to add that the older desktop pc had no wireless capability and was not plugged in to any modem/router, the issue was present in that machine

Sep 8, 2020
Laptop and phone are fine and do not have the problem when plugged in either.

The internal speakers of the TV do pop.

I am at a complete loss on what the cause is, I would have said AC also but it's not consistent, but the popping is consistent over other devices which would maybe rule out a hardware problem.

My worry when searching on google, everyone that has this issue, all of those people never find a fix.

I think the AV guys just didn't want to take on your problem. Even if they could figure it out there wouldn't be a big enough profit in it to bother with.
You could contact your local power provider. If you have an volt meter you might find that there is DC on your line, which should be pure AC,. That might cause problems.