Solved! Audio Stutter Problems

spencersx

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Have been dealing with an audio stutter problem for around 4 months at this point and have changed to different headsets all leading back to it being the computer. I took the computer to a repair shop and they couldn't even replicate my issue to be able to diagnose it.

It happend for weeks straight then stopped for a couple weeks then returned lately again and while the computer is still very usable it's very frustrating and is making me consider my options of just making a new computer to replace it honestly.

The headset is currently plugged in via 3.5mm and at random occurances will create a small audio stuttery / static like noise that will occur 2-3 times then not return for a random amount of time.

I've tried everything possibly listed on the internet and it is most definetely not to do with peripherals, drivers, headphones or some type of memory leak. It could be software but since I have so much stuff I wouldn't be able to properly diagnose what is causing it currently.

I haven't tried reinstalling windows as I fear it may all be a big waste of time and if that's the case I'd end up tearing the computer apart for parts at this rate.

I've only owned it for a bit over a year and this issue has only recently become aparant.
At first it was happening when my computer was on the carpet causing most likely a static issue which when I moved my computer to sit on the desk the issue disappeared for a week or two, but recently has returned.

This makes me wonder if maybe the static from the carpet has managed to damage a component or so or if it's possibly a fan causing static/stutter to come in through my audio.

Any help is appreciated, apologies for the long post but this issue is starting to really get on my nerves as apparently nobody has had this issue as I can't find an online fix.

spencersx

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

would there be any recommendations for a cheap soundcard that isn't known to be complete shite?