audio volume problem

thebunns

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
On certain programs & sites the volume is almost too low to hear. On others, it is OK. There is no problem listening to the same programs & sites on another computer in the same room.

Solution
When you right click on the speaker in the taskbar then click on the "Volume Mixer". Only do it while the program/site you are having issues with is open. Then you should see among the volumes one for that program/site.
When you have them loaded, first check the site volume. Most have their own. And you may want to check in the browser as well.

Then try right clicking on the speaker icon on the task bar (when you have the program and site you are trying to listen to loaded). You should see a separate volume control for that program now listed in there.

thebunns

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks---I'm not aware of, nor can find a second volume control for any program on the task bar. When I right click on the speaker on the task bar I'm given several options. I guess I need to be walked through each one & be shown what to do with each.

thebunns

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

It's my wife who has a problem with her computer and I believe that it shows up mostly in youtube. Would it be beneficial to adjust the slider when the volume is almost too low to hear? If so, how do I get to it? Thank You!

thebunns

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Got it! The next time my wife complains about low volume, I'll try it.