Audio with iphone 6

G

Hi

I think to start a youtube channel. I have a iphone 6 which has a decent camera. How should I record audio for that? I am new to this stuff.

MarsMan93

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
Hi Milkshake1997,

I would suggest just using the audio from your iPhone as you film to start with, then investing in a more adequate microphone as you confirm you want to become more serious about filmmaking.

-Josh

G

Thanks for the reply Josh. I have an ipod 4th gen lying here and there in my house. Can I use that for the objective?

MarsMan93

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014

Hi again,
According to the apple website (https://support.apple.com/kb/SP594?locale=en_US) your iPod 4th gen should be able to record high quality video (with audio). From there you could uplodad the video to your computer and edit it there, or upload straight to youtube.
Any further questions?

-Josh

G

Yes I am settled with video on the iphone and now what bother about is audio. I saw people saying I can use either an idevice or the earpods. But I don't know how.. this is where I need help!

MarsMan93

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014

Hi,
To clarify, I understand that you are requiring a higher quality audio device than your iPhone or iPod?
I would suggest trying out the quality of using the iPhone audio to see if that suits you, then consider other options.

Save yourself money and effort by trying it out first :)

-Josh

G

I don't need to buy anything since I have everything required right? Or I believe I got rge thing... How should I sync audio and video?