Australia Finally Gets the R18+ Rating for Mature Games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamoise

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]Right because not wanting your kids to be exposed to excess violence and sex is "ignorant". But I guess its easy to point the finger at others when you have no morals yourself.[/citation]

so, you allow your Kids access to R18+ adult only material? else how do they get their hands on these Excess Violence and Sex games? I don't see how this means your kids will get exposed to this? having an R18+ games will in fact mean that if a game has too much voilence they can rate it as R18+ and only adults can get it, instead of highly voilent games being toned down to what they deam as MA15+ just to get it into the country. Unless you think that the entire world should ban everything you deem to be unsuitable for your children. even though they should never even see unless a parent buys it for them.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]Right because not wanting your kids to be exposed to excess violence and sex is "ignorant". But I guess its easy to point the finger at others when you have no morals yourself.[/citation]
Funny, I've played seriously violent games throughout my childhood, and I turned out fine. It's ridiculous how inflated people/media make these things seem.
Pfft, and besides, morals aren't set in stone. Morals are just certain rules we come up with to deem what is and isn't acceptable in our society. Don't try act all smart and accuse someone of not having morals when you don't even know the person(s) in the first place, shows your naivety.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

Go look at what's in your bible, and I don't mean what behaviour it features; I mean what behaviour it actually mandates.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Gamers will corrupt the morals of the world, one country at a time :)Hey, there are worse vices than 18+ games.[/citation]
And so will narrow-minded morons like you.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I wonder what will happen to the people who already bought games like on Steam or something? will they automatically download the correct version of the games finally or will they have to buy the whole games over again?

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006

yeah bec ause religion is a shinning becon of morals. reading the bible exposes one to more violance and sex then a video game and a more sickening variation. As far as the ignorance goes.. i have seen enough anti gay churches around me to be exposed to extreem amounts of ignorance. Im sorry you were saying again?

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Great news, while I do think games aimed for adults should be kept out of the hands of children keeping them away from adults as well is just foolish.[/citation]

i was going to say that :/
i have yet to use med x in fall out

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Since when has there ever been Morphine in Fallout? I haven't played much Fallout 3, but I played the first 2 extensively and there was no Morphine.

drsynyster

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Since when has there ever been Morphine in Fallout? I haven't played much Fallout 3, but I played the first 2 extensively and there was no Morphine.[/citation]

It first appearance was in Fallout 3. It was morphine until F3 was refused classification because if the references to real world drugs. Hence rather than making a censored version for AU and uncensored for the rest of the world, they renamed it to Med X and that became part of the international release.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]And so will narrow-minded morons like you.[/citation]

You can't recognize humor and sarcasm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS