Australian Court Approves Serving Legal Papers Via Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
they're obviously trying to evade the law
screw 'em
the court should rule that reasonable attempts have been made to reach them and that due process has been carried out

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I find it okay that they're trying alternative means really. Since there's no reasonable way of getting in touch with those people, one might be inclined to consider such routes. To be honest I don't care too much if it's invasion of someone's privacy. I mean, hey, they're trying to run away from paying for what used to be their house, so they kinda forfeit the right to fair treatment imo.

G

Who the hell are you guys who are opposed to this?!
This is an Australian ruling by an Australian court for Australians!!! So shove off!

And if you're Australian, then stop being un-Australian and recognise our courts! There is a political process for you to air your concerns.

If a person can be contacted by Facebook - or any means, about a legal matter, then it should stand. The point is not that the plaintiffs are obligated to receive these documents via Facebook, just that it is one of the now manifold recognised ways of contacting them if other 'usual' methods are unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.