Australian italian looking for a high performance laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freethemonkey

Commendable
May 10, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm Denis, I'm an Italian living in Australia and this is my very first thread on Tom's hardware.

I'm looking for a brand new laptop for gaming purpose and I would like to ask Tom's community, since you are well known for being professional and reliable.

First of all: this is my actual baby http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-VivoBook-S550C.87376.0.html an ASUS s550c, very powerful and reliable. Sadly he is dying, probably for a motherboard/ram bank spots problem, and I'm willing to look for a valid/equal heir. As you may see it's not a gaming laptop, nevertheless it has done the job very well.

For this very reason what I'm looking for is not a REAL gaming laptop, like a alienware or a specifc gaming designed pc, what I look for it is an high performance laptop without all the fancy stuff, able to run the likes of Dark Souls 3 or similar.
(If there's not difference between a gaming laptop and an ultrabook let me know, I'm not really into hardware knowledge)

The budget: I want to buy it here in Australia, I can say my budget is almost 2500 dollars, if it's a real good one I can go a little bit higher.

Where: up to you, I can order it or buy directly in a shop.

I hope this is enough lo let you understand what I'm looking for. Ask me for if you want to know anything else specifically

For now I want to say a big thank you and sorry for my English and grammar.

Cheers
Denis

Solution
Checkout Metabox which use Clevo cores. The N150RF is something I would be looking at. Right size and specs for what I like in a laptop but they do come in 17" size if you wanted bigger.

Alienware will deal with over the phone so don't settle for the retail price.

Asus and MSI might also have gaming laptops available in your area, I'm not sure. I was considering an MSI before I found my Sager/Clevo on sale :)

Good luck.

popatim

Splendid
Checkout Metabox which use Clevo cores. The N150RF is something I would be looking at. Right size and specs for what I like in a laptop but they do come in 17" size if you wanted bigger.

Alienware will deal with over the phone so don't settle for the retail price.

Asus and MSI might also have gaming laptops available in your area, I'm not sure. I was considering an MSI before I found my Sager/Clevo on sale :)

Good luck.

Solution
Whats that in £? The game that you mentioned is fairly intensive so I would go with an asus rog gl as they should be able to handle the game but not too heavy. If you need more power you can always get the heavier but more powerful rogs. The same is with msi which are good I hear, the ge series seems to be the most popular.

If your looking for more multimedia laptops that can game then the asus ux501 or dell xps 15.

Or if you want to configure the laptop then get a barebone laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.