Avast Antivirus and Command prompt popping up

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I am not very good with computers (I'm using windows 8) but I recently installed Avast Antivirus and I didn't like it so I uninstalled it from the control panel. I'm not sure if it has been fully uninstalled but I went to my
Windows (C: ) Program files and there was this file that says Avast SOFTWARE. I tried removing it but it says ''The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program'' ''Close the folder and try again.'' Has it been properly uninstalled? and if not how can I uninstall it properly? I saw something about downloading something and then going into safe mode but I'm not sure what to do.

There has also been random pop ups of a command prompt window. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

This is probably really obvious but I'm not sure why.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

The command prompt pops up and then disappears instantly but sometimes it has stayed for a bit. I'll see if I can get a picture of it but it seems to have stop popping up for some reason.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I don't really know anything about this ''safe mode'' thing. Can you please explain it?

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

Hm, I agree that you should try the uninstall tool (although it isn't always necessary) I don't believe what you're seeing with the command window popups has anything to do with it, but happy to help if you have any further questions. You might want to take a look at running processes as well as system logs to get an idea of what could be causing it.

Also, if you'd like to provide any feedback on why you uninstalled Avast, we're listening and working hard on making our programs the best they can be for our users. Please feel free to post or send me a message!

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I think Avast has been properly removed but when I go to Windows (C: ) and type avast it shows some stuff.I'm not sure if these are apart of the Avast Antivirus. I can send a picture if needed. I typed in Mcafee since it's what I used to have because it came preinstalled and it had some files. I removed it from the control panel a while ago and I think I didn't select the box to remove the files as well. I tried removing the files but it said it won't work. I have malwarebytes on does this affect windows defender because I'm not getting anything saying windows defender isn't on but when I try open it it says that it's ''This application has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer'' then it says If I'm using another app to check for unwanted stuff etc use Security and Maintenance to check the apps status. How can I open Security and Maintenance. I'm sorry I just don't understand any of this please help.