Avast on Multiple Systems

jason_villada

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015
HI, I am looking reget avast internet security only this time I will get 5 licences for me and my family, on my pc I will log in avast using my email and insert the licence key, however for the other keys I will hand out to my wife, kids, sister etc will they need to log in with my email or can they use there own email?

as they only give one key with a max use of 5 so I'm a little confused.

I have emailed Avast however they have not got back to me yet... any help is greatly appreciated

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
Hi there -- this is a great question, and thanks for considering Avast!

In this scenario, after you insert the license key on each machine, you would need to sign in to the Avast UI (there's a "sign in" button in the upper right) with the main account to which you want the machines to report to in My.Avast (i.e. your email) You can see the information of all the machines in that scenario.

If you don't need to do that, then they can sign in with their own Avast account (which they would need to create.) In that scenario, the information of the other computers using the same license would not be shared in the My.Avast dashboard.

I hope this helps and if you have any additional questions, you can contact our support team directly: https://support.avast.com/en-us