Avatar Causes Stroke; Inspires Mountain Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]that guy[/nom]Okay...uhh, I'm the first and this is my comment: wow.[/citation]

put alot of thought into that first comment, huh?

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
"Avatar: It's so good it could kill you."

Haven't seen this one yet. I suppose I should just go see what all the hub-bub is about.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I haven't seen Titanic, and I doubt I'll see avatar. James Cameron doesn't need my money, and I'd like to not have a stroke.

Of course, doesn't flashy japanese anime give kids seizures? Why wouldn't flashy 3D-animation not also give someone seizures or worse?

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
It.s the high blood pressure that gave him the hemorrhagic stroke, not the movie. Blaming a coincidental event for it does not help. The salty popcorn that he more than likely had at the movies gave him the stroke by raising the BP.
"Kuo had a history of hypertension and high blood pressure."...
They're the same thing... and confirm what I said above.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
I am gonna get a t-shirt that reads my grandma went and saw avatar and all she got was a lousy stroke lol

havent seen it, don't really plan on it either

In all seriousness though, yeah, what Doc70 said.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]ARE YOU KIDDING ME?[/nom]"It's likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms,"[/citation]LIKELY is the keyword here. Another words.. they're guessing which also means there's no proof. Another words, yea.. you get the point.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]It.s the high blood pressure that gave him the hemorrhagic stroke, not the movie. Blaming a coincidental event for it does not help. The salty popcorn that he more than likely had at the movies gave him the stroke by raising the BP. "Kuo had a history of hypertension and high blood pressure."...They're the same thing... and confirm what I said above.[/citation]
Yeah, I agree. When I read this article, the first thing that popped into my head was that someone's family is fishing for a lawsuit

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
With the amount of people seeing the movie I bet there was a good chance someone died of a heart attack watching it too but that does not mean the movie is at fault. I bet someone had a stroke riding a bus that day too somewhere in the world, are buses causing strokes now? Common sense please.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
actualy i'm rather skeptical about how good this movie may or may not be. i mean every thing with this guy's name on it sicnce alien/s has been hailed "the greatest movie ever" and lets face facts ... alien= sc-fi creature/horror movie .. which are a dime a dozen it really did nothing new , (though it was a fun movie) .

Titanic = total turd of a film and most wasted 2 1/2 hours of my life

so yeah you get the point .. prior to the titanic james cameron's biggest sucess was a quite standard creature flick that only got great kudos for teh effects ( being a quality not seen before at the time)
and when i see previews of teh avatar all i see are flashes of ooohh wow effects, and nothgin to really hint at what the story is about so i wil cling to my skeptisim for the time and catch it on dvd /blu ray and if it is really that great of a movie yeah i'll give it credit where it is due .. but so much about this guys career says in all likely hood past teh effects this thing will be standard hat .. or worse a total turd of a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.