Avira or AVG or Kaspersky

StreamingGames

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
Just finished my build and Im looking to get a super effective antivirus. Paid or free. Ive heard these 3 are the best. Im looking for something with little to no false positives, and which works in the background and isnt constantly popping up and sending stupid alerts. Which would you choose and why? Or if you have a different suggestion than I listed please post it and your reasons why you would chose it. Thanks so much everyone!

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
i personally use avira free and have done for the last 8 years. but i compliment it with malwarebytes paid and for me it works.
when a mates asks what paid av is best, kaspersky or bitdefender are what i recommend.

StreamingGames

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
Thats actually where I got the choices for the 3 that I posted. I just want some input from actual people who have had them before because I searched Avira reviews and another website said it was a very bad free Antivirus. So I just want some input from real time people who have used them. Or if they would suggest something different. Thanks for your reply though!

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
i dont use 2 av's mate. malware bytes is an antimalware app not an av... it fills the holes in avira free and i found it a more effective combo than any stand alone av paid or free.
my typical month of net usage is around 400 gigs on utorrent and about the same again on streamed media so i know it works.