Avira vs user32.dll

NoPuhi

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
My Avira Antivirus keeps recognizing the user32.dll file as a possible threat. Today i approved to send the file to quarantine. The result was not great but expected. After the restart the pc would not boot properly. Luckily system repair managed to fix the problem on its own after a couple of restarts.

Should i be worried about this? Is there a chance the file might be infected or is Avira confused?

Solution
I would say your more than likely clean from those results , HerdProtect uses 68 different scanning engines and the user32.dll file is probably legit as it is MOST of the time.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
Yes user32.dll can be infected with any number of trojans and other viruses. Is it still being detected as infected? You may need to do a System Restore further back to try and get an uninfected copy, or try something like Malwarebytes it may be able to clean it.

NoPuhi

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

your reply seems kinda sketchy to me but you DO have the badge and their website seems legit so ill try it. Im currently running the scan. Do you recommend replacing avira with herdprotect? Im currently using free avira as a antivirus and free Malwarebytes as a anti-malware.

NoPuhi

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
i just finished 3 scans.
1st one was with HerdProtect Portable: no infections, just a couple of PUP's
2nd was Malwarebytes: 1 trojan found in C:\$Recycle.Bin and some PUP's
3rd and last was Avira: only 1 detection, it was the user32.dll file.

could it be a false positive?