Avira

lolitha

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Does anyone have experience with AVira antivirus , I `ve seen some good comparatives about it and it's free, so think about giving it a try . I got tired of avast because sometimes it calshes with my other softwares. If you have experience about avira pls let me know ?? thanks in advance

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Don't know about avira, but have you tried AVG? Most likely you have, but it is pretty damn nice AV for free as well.

igimax

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Hi

. I know this program for 2 years and use it an love it! In the Past, I was using Symantec AntiVirus until My system got Zlob worm and norton did not detect it! So I Start testing anti virus programs which I knew or find in the internet. I was testing each anti virus program with my virus database and only program knew all of them was avira antivir.(even nowadays!)

. Avira antivir is so fast, do not slow down your PC, have a powerful Guard program and its free! But if you like to try it, I will recommend you to do these changes in Avira configuration section:
1) Start Avira Antivira.
2) At the main menu, go to Extras\Configuration or press F8.
3) In the Avira Configuration window, checked "Expert mode" box.
4) From left panel, Choose these section from tree: "Scanner\Scan\Heuristic then from right panel and "Win32 file heuristic" choose "High detection level".
5) From left panel, Choose these section from tree: "Guard\Scan\Heuristic then from right panel and "Win32 file heuristic" choose "High detection level".
see image:
http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08146/aviraconfig274.gif
Above image taken from version 7.

. Why should we do those changes? because, If this option is enabled, Avira AntiVir Personal detects a large number of unknown viruses, worms or Trojans, but you must also expect false positives. You can set those settings in custom installation progress,too.

. But at 2 years ago I learn my lesson, always test your Anti virus Cuz some day you may find another Anti virus Program is more powerful than your currently program.

Have Fun
IgImAx

lolitha

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Hey thanks a lot for your input really appreciate it . I 'll do those changes and see. I think now currently running on medium settings;