Backblaze Cloud Backup Review: Simple, Cheap and Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2018
I would absolutely NOT recommend Backblaze to anyone who expects service & professionalism. It has been a nightmare dealing with them.
I recently bought a new MacPro & emailed Backblaze so I could restore the backed up data to my new computer. They sent me a USB hard drive which I found difficult to use ; I am not tech savvy. I had to unlock the drive. Then the drive backed up for a few seconds & stopped.
At one point the support point person (who sometimes gave me an answer to my question or just repeated a previous email answer), gave me advice that would have deleted my backup. When I pointed this out , he said he mixed up my ticket with someone else’s ticket. THIS IS CLEARLY UNACCEPTABLE.
I then left 3 voicemails for the lead support person & additionally I wrote an email to both the CEO & the head of the support team regarding this unacceptable scary mixup. As of today (easily 10 days out) I have not heard from anyone I‘ve contacted.
Additionally I discovered that Backblaze had charged me twice so I pointed out this mistake to them.
Fast forward, I finally had to pay Apple a $100 to transfer the data from my old computer to my new MacPRO. In summary I have paid twice: to Backblaze (with no reliable service) & to Apple.

Jan 21, 2019
This all seems a little scary to someone who is not tech savvy and wants a home remedy to losing years of data. My husband and I also have a small home business and work to some degree with online businesses and at home business. So, I am wondering what my safest way to start it.

Jan 22, 2019
Yev from Backblaze here -> I apologize that you had this issue with our support team. We've since had training with our agents to make sure they are taking extra care with recommendation. Again, I'm sorry that you had this issue when reaching out to use in a time of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.