Backup file says unsupported file type when i try restore

donjr73

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
I backed up my contacts ect to sd card. Unmounted and did factory rest hoping to fix issues. When i click the backup file it says unsupported file type. Space wasnt an issue as i have many gb of space. Whats going on? Lg power

Solution
Well it depends on how you had the card set up in your phone, and if you left the card in the phone when you did the reset.

If the SD card was set to be "Internal" storage before the reset, then anything on it would not be readable after the reset. The card has to be "External" storage for that to work.

Also, if the SD card is left in the phone when the phone is reset, it can make the card not work, or not be readable, in the device. Leaving it needing to be formatted to work. Which would erase any data on it.
Well it depends on how you had the card set up in your phone, and if you left the card in the phone when you did the reset.

If the SD card was set to be "Internal" storage before the reset, then anything on it would not be readable after the reset. The card has to be "External" storage for that to work.

Also, if the SD card is left in the phone when the phone is reset, it can make the card not work, or not be readable, in the device. Leaving it needing to be formatted to work. Which would erase any data on it.

Solution