Bad Display Connection on Digital Storm Lance

Lune

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I have been having an issue with the screen on my laptop flashing on and off. It has gotten to the point where it has basically become a desktop for me. I have to use it hooked up to a monitor or a TV. Digital Storms support has been to tell me to send it in without explaining what the issue is exactly. I have narrowed it down to one plug on the laptop (image).
20150712_121113.jpg

I verified that it was not an issue issue in the connector but it appears to be in the plug receiving end that is connected to the board. The reason I say this is because if I apply pressure to the plug the screen will work temporarily, but as soon as I move the laptop it will cut out again. I believe it the Chassis is the Clevo model P1xxSM Model B. The image is a picture of the upper right hand side of the keyboard surface. Just to the left of the right side speaker.

I would like to know what exactly the problem is if anybody knows and if someone does knowdo they have any idea on the difficultly level of fixing something like this? What all would a fix on something like this take?

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks

I do have experience building desktop PCs but little experience working on laptops.

Here is the link to the picture if it doesn't show up for you because I screwed something up.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/adqaz813le9jjrm/20150712_121113.jpg?dl=0]

Solution
Hi,

In your case if that part is soldered to the motherboard I suggest just ship it in to the manufacturer since fixing it yourself might just end up voiding your warranty and them not fixing your laptop. That part seems like it's for the back light of your LCD display. Shine a flash light on your screen to confirm if you'll see any display because if it does have a display replacing that part or fixing that part might be a pain.
Hi,

In your case if that part is soldered to the motherboard I suggest just ship it in to the manufacturer since fixing it yourself might just end up voiding your warranty and them not fixing your laptop. That part seems like it's for the back light of your LCD display. Shine a flash light on your screen to confirm if you'll see any display because if it does have a display replacing that part or fixing that part might be a pain.

Solution