BAD VIRUS, PLEASE HELP!

redrage

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
I tried installing a cracked version of fraps on my computer and it turned out to be a very bad virus. all my windows are blinking very fast, the virus is like deselecting every window i open(it's even hard to type, it like deselects) my mouse pointer is always in the busy state, and i don't know how to get rid of it. I'm running AVG anti-virus right now but it might be out of date and it won't let me update, because it keeps deselecting during the update process. Can some one please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Heya Redrage,

You have found out in the worst way the easiest method of severely infecting your pc with malware. P2P sharing is a literal minefield.

Go to the top of this page and click on Tech Support. At computing.net you will recieve quality help to remedy the infection.

You may need to register with computing.net, but when you are there look to the right of the page under "Specialty Forums" and click on "Security and Virus". Then at the top of the page you will see the "New Topic" button. Click on it and post your message there.

physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007

Just curious, what OS are you using?

wahjahka

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008

try running another anti-virus program, i have avg and its lived up to my expectations but i got this bad virus one time and avg couldnt get rid of it, so i downloaded a program called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it got rid of it so now use AVG, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and spybot search and destroy and they are compatible with each other :) so my baby is running smooth virus free for months :)
so try Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware it works well and finds stuff/gets rid of stuff that avg didnt