Band Turns to iPhone Instruments in Viral Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungwa

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
I am by far NOT an Apple fan, but if this video is real(not doctored in any way)this is guys have some true talent.
I can see Apple picking this up for an Ad.

diashto

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
There was another band that did something similar (the song wasnt as good, but it was chicks in a bathroom, as I recall)..

Railgun1369

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Bungwa[/nom]I am by far NOT an Apple fan, but if this video is real(not doctored in any way)this is guys have some true talent.I can see Apple picking this up for an Ad.[/citation]
I'm going to have to say not really. It shows how simple musicians write music these days. There's no creativity anymore. The fact that the iphone/pod is somewhat limited in what you can do pretty much shows that same limitation in the band.

kingnoth

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
I'm sure Apple is behind that clip.
There's no way 5 friends got their hands on an iPhone 4 at the same time. I don't really about New York but here in Montreal you're pretty lucky if you even know someone who got an iPhone 4...

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]kingnoth[/nom] I don't really about New York but here in Montreal you're pretty lucky if you even know someone who got an iPhone 4...[/citation]
You're joking, right? It's just a phone. You go into the store and buy one. I don't have one, not interested, but they are *everywhere* here in DC. It's impossible to get on the Metro here and NOT see at least 4 or 5 of them in your rail car.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]railgun1369[/nom]I'm going to have to say not really. It shows how simple musicians write music these days. There's no creativity anymore. The fact that the iphone/pod is somewhat limited in what you can do pretty much shows that same limitation in the band.[/citation]
You're full of sh%$. Someone who can create music from something simple has real talent.

For a perfect example, go look up Buddy Rich on Youtube. Amazing drummer who could do so much with almost nothing to play on. These days you see drummers with huge kits who are good, but take it away and they suddenly sound so "small".

Face it, if they did this with Android apps you'd think it was great. Too bad that people's hate for Apple is so strong they completely overlook anything good someone might create using their products.

c0r3f1ght3r

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
u know with the cost of those four ipods, u could have decent instruments, to ya know... actually play on, nothing speaks more clearly from the soul then actually physically playing an instruments, feeling the chords shape as u bend the sound etc. gtfo with this poop.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]Bungwa[/nom]I am by far NOT an Apple fan, but if this video is real(not doctored in any way)this is guys have some true talent.I can see Apple picking this up for an Ad.[/citation]

According to the CNN article on this, Apple is talking to this band's label/management after seeing the video on youtube.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]victomofreality[/nom]Betting it was a planned publicity stunt though...[/citation]
Of course it was a publicity stunt, and a pretty clever one. They had 3 people filming it for them, I'm sure that wasn't coincidental. You can bet they rehearsed it quite a few times before actually doing it on the subway.

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]c0r3f1ght3r[/nom]u know with the cost of those four ipods, u could have decent instruments, to ya know... actually play on, nothing speaks more clearly from the soul then actually physically playing an instruments, feeling the chords shape as u bend the sound etc. gtfo with this poop.[/citation]
Did you even watch the video and read what it said at the beginning? Or can you even read? It said that in October their instruments were stolen. I highly doubt they all went out and bought an iphone 2g to replace their instruments. Besides, I don't know of any descent instruments you can get for $100, since that's how much those phones goes for now on Ebay.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]chrisjust98[/nom]Did you even watch the video and read what it said at the beginning? Or can you even read? It said that in October their instruments were stolen.[/citation]
That's just part of the back story made up for the video. Their instruments were not stolen. CNN has an article with more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.