Batman: Arkham City is Looking Tastily Dark

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
hmm. Grand Theft Gotham? sometime in the future? I'm wondering if things like the batmobile will become a playable mode of transportation.

phano300

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I agree with illegalmonkey. The bad guys are looking so buffed. Now this might tell my age but, they remind me of He-Man. I had the "Action Figures" and man were they also pretty buffed ... lol "Action Figures" .... lol

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]Not so bad! Somewhat camp, but dark camp![/citation]

At least it's better than the Burton flicks. There was a short time when they were thought to be ground-breakingly dark for a comic movie adaptation, but now they just look like total B-movie cheese. The Nolan movies inject some much-needed plausible reality IMO, where the Burton movies have too much fantasy.

The games are somewhere in between, but I'd say they're more true to the Dark Knight comic series, as if Miller was used as a designer/consultant.

Status
Not open for further replies.