'Batman: Arkham Origins' Glitches Persist Even After Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

IpSifu

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
"It seems funny at first, but glitches like this can be the killing joke that breaks a game."

I see what you did there Jill... Well played.

Jill Scharr

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
@IpSifu lol thanks! I couldn't resist :) There's more where that came from: there are 12 Batman graphic novel titles worked into the piece.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
ATI Graphics were used in the Xbox 360 and the Wii..... There are not more or fewer glitches from what I've seen on PCs that user nVidia or AMD......

joditas

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
"As a player of the last two games, I wonder how they managed to mess this up so bad."

Could be the first two were made by different company, Rocksteady.

bigshootr8

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
They have been quite a few bugs. However, I will say the only but that I had a issue with was the comm tower I never had any issue what so ever with falling through the floor mind you the only game I had a issue with that did that was Borderlands 2 which is a pretty polished game up to this point. And I think with the comm tower the glitch to have yourself catapulted up in the air so you can finish the tower is more fun anyway I thought it was more enjoyable breaking the game to do something then doing it the right way to begin with :p

Justin Pinotti

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I thought it was just my computer that was glitching out. When I first fought the lizard dude i punched him against a wall and my entire screene except the HUD went blank. I couldnt attack but i kept taking damage. Had to restart my game.

Second time I fought him his character model started flickering.

Also, a lot of times i'll go to grapple and ill get stuck on a corner thats in the way.

Too many glitches for a title like this. At least they're patching it ASAP, unlike companies like infinity ward who worry about making sure their next $20 DLC is ready to rob you.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Its not as bad as its made out to seem. Have you actually played it?

I have 23 hours. Have beaten the story and am now roaming the streets as (and Jill, you could have used this one pretty easily) Blackest Night Batman.

The glitches and bugs are not happening to everyone. I only ran into the Burnley tower bug and then once I was diving to the ground, fell through but came back up the other side so it was no issue for me.

First, its Killer Croc he's not a lizard.

Second, I keep hearing about these glitches but haven't run into them.

If you want it fixed, just make sure to report it as they said officially so they can try to replicate it then find it and finally fix it.

Yes and more:

1. Infinite Crisis, way to take it back a long ways
2. The Dark Knight Returns (another old but very good one)
3. What ever Happened To The Caped Crusader
4. Long Shadows
5. Under The Hood
6. The Killing Joke (This shows how demented the Joker can truly be. Not even the TDK version Joker is worse than him in this novel)
7. Identity Crisis
8. Knightfall (a great series BTW)
9. Streets of Gotham
10. Batman Incorporated
11. Long Shadows
12. Elseworlds, that's the only other one I see in here.

Yup. And technically Infinite Crisis was a DC wide thing. Its how they consolidated their multiverse in the 80s/90s much like the current reboot New 52 (which is actually very good BTW).

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Was gonna wait till GOTY edition was released before grabbing one, but reading about all the issues with the game, I guess I shouldn't be holding my breath.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I have a problem with any game that cost $50-60 and can be beat in 20hrs or less (heck, might as well say 30), which is why I primarily stick to strategy/rpg until prices bottom on the rest :) Even at 30hrs I expect some way for it to be worth replaying or I'd still balk. I'd always rather have LESS graphics and more game play. I'm talking single player here, I don't expect to have to go online with a bunch of kids to get my money's worth ;) This strategy also allows me to avoid the bug infested mess that follows some game releases for a few months :)

like Soda-88, I will often wait for GOTY.

Spencer Castillo

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
"As a player of the last two games, I wonder how they managed to mess this up so bad."

That is because Arkham Origins is developed by Warner Bros. Games Montréal. Unlike the previous two that was developed by Rocksteady Studios

inquisitor03

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
I've been playing Batman AO since it was released and the only bug I've encountered is the slight stutter you get when loading is occurring in the background, even with the game files on an SSD.

Other than that I've encountered no bugs or glitches

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Interestingly enough, Batman AC had worse problems over all. A lot of people couldn't even play the game at all until a patch or two.

But people forget that. Overall AO is fine. The glitches are not hitting everyone and they released a patch that took care of a lot of the issues.

But they will still have some.

Other than that, the story is great.

Jill Scharr

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
@jimmysmitty You're right there are 12 graphic novel titles in the piece, but you wrote "Long Shadows" twice. The one you're missing is "No Man's Land." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.